Welcome to Class E2 – Teacher: Br. Irfan Gangjee
Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year
Homework for Jan 7
- The word parents does not just refer to your natural parents, but also refers to those who have taken trouble to teach you, especially to those who have improved you as a person. List at least three sets of parents:
- In the Quran, kindness to parents is mentioned at 7 places. One of the places is Surah 17; Ayat 23. List other places in the Quran which mention kindness to parents? (Surah and Ayat Numbers; English translation)
- Think about all the circumstances in which you are thankful for your parents / guardians?
- It is our duty to help them with chores around the house so they get some time to relax. Let’s take this winter break as an opportunity to help them out, and be good obedient children. What our other duties towards our parents?
- If water is not available and its time for namaz, how does one purify themself for namaz?
- What is the method of performing this act?
Homework for Dec 17
Write a short paragraph on what inspires you most about our Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW)? How is he a role model to us?
On Sunday 12/17, inshaAllah we will be discussing “The status of parents in Islam, and the importance of showing respect to them”.
Homework for Nov 19
(What will be the Islamic date? What do we commemorate in the last days of the month of Safar?)
Qasr Namaz and Roza
- Ammar goes for Hajj and goes to Medina and then Mecca. He stays in Medina for 3 days and Mecca for 4 days. Should he pray qasr in either place?
- Shabnam is travelling from Allentown to New York for a majlis and reaches there for Maghrib/Isha Namaaz. Should she pray qasr? She also remembers that she has to pray qadha of Zohr and Asr. If she prays in New York, should she pray Zohr and Asr as qasr?
- Akber intends to go to Connecticut for a day from New Jersey. He leaves at 2 pm, but doesn’t pray Zohr/Asr. He reaches Connecticut at 4 pm (before Maghrib time). He decides to pray Zohr/Asr there. Should he pray qasr?
- Fiza was traveling but did not know the correct rules for qasr. As a result she prayed full when she should have prayed qasr. Is her namaaz valid?
- Tehsin was traveling to Florida from New York and stayed there for more than 10 days. As a result, he should not have prayed qasr. However, due to his ignorance, prayed qasr during his entire stay. Is his namaaz valid?
- Sameer, who lives in New York, went to the cemetry in New Jersey one early morning during Ramadhan. He returned back home to New York before Zohr. Can he fast on that day?
- Insiya who lives in Allentown wanted to come to NY for a majlis one day in Ramadhan. She left Allentown after praying Zohr. Is her fast valid?
- Zuher had to go to a conference in Tampa during Ramadhan. He came back on the 15th of Ramadhan and arrived back home in NJ at 2pm. Can he fast on that day?
Homework for Nov 12
- What is the difference between the rukh and ghayr rukn acts of salah?
- List the rukn and ghayr rukh acts of Namaz..
Prepare answers for the following questions for an in-class activity relating to Bibi Zaynab:
- What are the traits of Bibi Zaynab’s and how is she a role model for all of us?
- What can we do to follow in her footsteps?
- Who are the family members of Bibi Zaynab?