Welcome to Class G – Teacher: Sis. Azmina Kermalli
Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year
For homework, work on your midterm powerpoint presentation on notable Muslims in the world today. Make sure you include their background history, achievements, and how you plan to use them as examples in your life. You will be graded on the material you present, creativity, and your presentations skills.
Since we did Kahoot last week, we will be having the quiz on Bibi Zainab this Sunday. The questions will be based on the Kahoot questions. In addition, this week is also Fatemiyya. Please answer questions on Bibi Fatema based on the attached timeline.Questions on Bibi Fatema
For homework, please study all the information from last week that was posted on Bibi Zainab. There will be a short quiz.
For homework, continue to memorize the translation of azan, ikamah, and namaz.
Read the attached info on Bibi Zainab and answer the attached questions.
Please let me know if you have any questions.timeline_sayyida_zaynab
Questions on Bibi Zainab
For homework, answer the questions on the attached worksheets. Try to memorize as we will have a test on it in a couple of weeks.
Please let me know if you have any questions.Adhaan and Iqamah Worksheet2
Hope everyone had a nice break. For homework, listen to the lecture below on Bibi Zainab and write notes on her biography. Make sure you write information on her children as we will be presenting in January all the children of Bibi Zainab.
Make the final changes to the presentation slides. Practice your presentation. Make sure you have print outs of which slide you will be presenting. Memorize your lines so you are not reading but presenting to the audience.
- Write the Islamic date and namaz times.
- Finish the powerpoint presentation on the timeline of the journey of Imam Hussain. Work as a group and discuss who wants to present which slide. We will then practice presenting in class.
- Write the Islamic date and namaz time.
- Draw a timeline of Imam Hussain’s journey from Medina to Kufa to Kerbala. Add pics and important dates. Also, write a brief description of important companions and family of Imam Hussain. In addition, also add other important dates in Muharram and Safar (Ex. wafat of Imam Hasan. You can work together and put together google slides. I added the comment on the google docs.
1)Write the Islamic date and namaz time.
2) Read Lesson 1 and 2 Fiqh (page 32-35) and answer the summary questions
3) Find two verses of the Quran that talks about Qibla and Salaat.
- Write the islamic date and namaz times.
- Read page 11 in Section Aqaid-Going for Ziyarat and answer the summary questions.
- Write 5 points on the 4th Imam. Pick your favorite dua from his book (Sahife Sajjadiya). Explain why you chose it.
As our new year has just started, for homework please write a new year resolution that will make you a better Muslim. Please make sure it is something that you know you will be able to do on a daily/weekly basis. Also, I have attached a Muharram assignment below for everyone to print and answer all the questions. Finally, write 5 points that you learned while listening to majlis during the 12 days of Muharram.Muharram assignment
Looking forward to an exciting new year! We will be reviewing the first two weeks so make sure you review your old syllabus for questions/quiz in class. Always come prepared to class with syllabus, notebook, folder, pen/pencil.